C2D3 Early Career Researcher Seed Fund 2022 (x5 grants)
C2D3 will award 5x £2000 Seed Funding to Early Career Researchers. Applications are invited from University of Cambridge Early Career Researchers, with the aim of the grants to provide a step towards an independent research career.
Applications should focus on cross-disciplinary data science or AI. Preference will be given towards Cross-disciplinary activities that address one or more of the following:
- Foster external industry collaborations
- Involve an additional Strategic Research Initiative (SRI) or Interdisciplinary Research Centre (IRC)
- Increase engagement opportunities for underrepresented groups
Examples of cross-disciplinary projects that could be funded are:
- Building a network to pursue your next project
- Providing a short internship for a PhD student, with yourself as the mentor
- Collaboration with a short industry project
- Host a knowledge sharing event
- Host a skills-development workshop
- An activity that advances the strategic research aims or increases the awareness of an additional SRI/IRC
C2D3 can help provide administration support during your project, including venue hire, catering arrangements, hosting an event website etc. Please discuss with C2D3 should you have any queries.
The definition of ECRs for this call are postdoctoral researchers.
The Steering Committee for C2D3 will assess the applications and decide which five will be awarded the seed funding.
Recipients of the C2D3 ECR Seed Funding should acknowledge the following for their financial support in any outputs:
- Isaac Newton Trust
- Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery
Monday 27th June 2022, 5pm - Applications to be received by firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday 16th January 2023, 5pm - Projects must be completed and reported back to email@example.com
Interdisciplinary events - 2020
C2D3 welcomes funding applications from University of Cambridge researchers for interdisciplinary events. Events may include seminars, workshops, conferences, training courses, or any other activity that supports interdisciplinary data science research and/or teaching. Funding amounts typically range from £500 to £1500.
Who can apply for funding?
Applicants must be from the University of Cambridge and a member of the C2D3 network. To become a C2D3 member, join us online.
Application closing date Monday 10th February 2020.
The review process is expected to take 4-6 weeks to complete. The review is conducted by the C2D3 Steering Committee and the final decision approved by the Executive Committee.
Preference may be given to those who have not previously received a grant from C2D3 (previously known as Cambridge Big Data).
Please read the attached documents below and submit the Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org