Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
Research Associate Statistical Machine Learning (Fixed Term)
Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics
A position exists for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics to work with Dr Po-Ling Loh on projects in statistical machine learning on topics such as robustness, privacy, high-dimensional statistics, information theory, and applied probability.
Duties include developing and conducting individual and collaborative research projects. The role holder will be expected to plan and manage their own research and administration, with guidance if required. They must be able to communicate material of a technical nature and be able to build internal and external contacts. They may be asked to assist in the supervision of student projects, the development of student research skills, provide instruction, or plan/deliver seminars relating to the research area.
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science.
- Supports and connects the growing data science research community
- Builds research capacity in data science to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations