An Introduction to Data and Commercialisation
You are invited to the 'An Introduction to Data and Commercialisation' event, hosted by Cambridge Enterprise and Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3).
There are two parts to this webinar:
Part 1: 'Future Proofing your Data Project’
Building a foundation for dissemination and impact into your research project can feel overwhelming when you’re dealing in data. We look at some practical steps you can take to manage data when you have commercialisation in mind, and talk about when and how to find support from across the University.
- Managing data with future commercialisation in mind:
- Basics of ‘protecting data’ and IP and an introduction to commercial licensing
- Using third party and open source materials
- Do’s and don’ts with health and personal data
- When things go wrong!
Part 2: ‘Creating Impact through Data Commercialisation’
We’ll introduce some case studies of data commercialisation from Cambridge and beyond. Data commercialisation uses diverse models including consultancy, licensing and company creation. How can you devise a pathway to maximise your impact and create financial sustainability for your project beyond grant funding?
Speakers will include:
- Date: Wednesday 13th July 2022
- Time: 12:00 - 13:30
- Platform: Microsoft Teams
University of Cambridge Staff and Students Only