Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
Research Assistant/Associate in Machine Learning (Deep Learning) (Fixed Term)
Department of Engineering
The Department of Engineering are seeking a highly creative, motivated, and collaborative post-doctoral Research Associate ("post-doc") to join the Machine Learning Group (MLG) (http://mlg.eng.cam.ac.uk) in the Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, UK. This position will contribute to the research programme "Deep Learning and AI Alignment".
The programme's goal is to increase our understanding of how Deep Learning systems work, and how they might be aligned with human preferences/values/intentions.
The post-doc will work with Assistant Professor David Krueger on topics in Deep Learning and/or Reinforcement Learning. They will have the opportunity to work with members of the MLG including Professor Richard Turner and Associate Professor José Miguel Hernández Lobato, and other professors at Cambridge, such as Assistant Professor Samuel Albanie, and Associate Professor Ferenc Huszár. They will also have the opportunity to assist in supervising PhD students, Master's students, and research assistants.
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science and AI. C2D3 is an Interdisciplinary Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Supports and connects the growing data science and AI research community
- Builds research capacity in data science and AI to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations