Collaboration Day for Interdisciplinary Data Science and AI Research
Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery invites members of the University of Cambridge to a Collaboration Day for Interdisciplinary Data Science and AI Research. During the half-day we will hear research from academics, discuss how we can do more together to leverage our collective expertise, and catalyse synergies between research programmes. In addition to the formal programme, C2D3 invites data science or AI-themed Cambridge initiatives, centres and programmes to display a poster or roller banner to be viewed during the networking breaks.
Aim of the meeting
The Collaboration day aims to prepare Cambridge academics for future major funding calls by initiating cross-disciplinary conversations and showcasing current research. Several multimillion pound research calls in the AI and data science space have been announced, including:
- Mathematical and computational foundations of artificial intelligence
- Artificial intelligence hubs for real data and for scientific and engineering research
- Responsible and trustworthy artificial intelligence
Collaboration Day now provides an opportunity for teams and researchers in this space to connect. These calls, and many other future opportunities, will require cross-disciplinary and multi-institutional teams, and bold research ideas. As such, this meeting will position Cambridge academics to respond to relevant funding opportunities as they arise.
13:00- 14:30 Session 1: Chairperson Prof. Zoe Kourtzi, C2D3 co-Chair
- Prof. Zoe Kourtzi, C2D3 co-Chair, C2D3 co-chair
Introduction with The Alan Turing Institute
- Dr Adam Sobey, Professor of Data-Centric Engineering, University of Southampton, and Group Lead for Marine and Maritime in the Data-Centric Engineering Programme of The Alan Turing Institute
Research showcase talks
- Prof. John Aston, Cambridge Mathematics of Information in Healthcare hub (CMIH)
- Prof. Ole Paulsen, Centre for Integrative Neuroscience Discovery (CIND)
- Prof. Angela Wood, Department of Public Health and Primary Care
- Dr Jat Singh, Department of Computer Science & Technology
- Prof. Anna Korhonen, Centre for Human Inspired AI (CHIA) - Due to unforeseen circumstanes Anna is no long able to join us for the meeting
- Prof. Alexei Lapkin, Innovation Centre in Digital Molecular Technologies (iDMT)
14:30-15:15 Exhibition of programmes, initiatives and centres during refreshment breaks
15:15-16:45 Session 2: Chairperson Prof. Colm-cille Caulfield, C2D3 co-Chair
Research showcase talks
- Dr Dominic Orchard, Institute of Computing for Climate Science (ICCS)
- Prof. Alexandra Brintrup, Supply Chain Artificial Intelligence Lab, Institute for Manufacturing (IfM)
- Prof. José Miguel Hernández Lobato, Machine Learning Group, Engineering
- Discussion on collective expertise and synergies
- Opportunity for teams and researchers to connect
16:45 onwards Networking
This meeting is designed for an internal University of Cambridge audience only. There are two ways to join us:
Exhibitors register here - deadline to register Wednesday 4 January 2023, 10:00. NOW CLOSED.
- Display a research poster
- Display a roller banner
- Display material on a small table
Participants register here - deadline to register Wednesday 4 January 2023, 10:00. NOW CLOSED.
Why are C2D3 hosting this meeting?
By hosting this meeting, C2D3 will bring people together and provide a space for creating and joining up ideas. We see ourselves as a convenor and neutral entity in the effort towards any joined up bid from Cambridge. From the outcome of the meeting, any direction can be taken and need not necessarily involve C2D3 going forward.