Software and Data Commercialisation for University Researchers
You are invited to the 'Software and Data Commercialisation for University Researchers' event, hosted by Cambridge Enterprise and Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3).
Are you developing software as part of your research? Perhaps you’ve created a new software tool, platform or dataset which could be useful to beneficiaries or organisations outside of academic research?
Cambridge Enterprise shall be hosting this lunchtime talk to help researchers understand what support is available to them, providing real world, practical advice on commercialisation as a route to real-world impact. The session will introduce the basics of software licensing and also look at the support available for those wishing to form their own start-ups or social enterprises.
The webinar will include:
- Software as a pathway to impact, with Emma Salgard Cunha
- Introduction to IP: learn about software licensing, with Julian Peck
- Introduction to starting a software company, with James Thomas
- Hear from an academic working with Cambridge Enterprise
- Date: Wednesday 15 December
- Time: 13:00 – 14:30
- Platform: Microsoft Teams
University of Cambridge Staff and Students Only