Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
Associate Teaching Professor (Fixed Term)
Department of Engineering
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Associate Teaching Professor who will act as the Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence (MLMI) MPhil Course Director and will be based at the Department of Engineering's Central Cambridge site.
Machine learning and machine intelligence are vibrant interdisciplinary fields that comprise the mathematical and computational foundations of systems that learn, reason and act, as well as the practical application of these systems. There has recently been a surge of interest in this area in industry and academia. The MPhil in Machine Learning and Machine Intelligence (MLMI) is an elite eleven-month programme offered by the Machine Learning Group, the Speech Group, and the Computer Vision and Robotics Group in the Cambridge University Department of Engineering. The course aims to teach the state-of-the-art in machine learning, speech and language processing, human-computer interaction, computer vision and robotics; to give students the skills and expertise necessary to take leading roles in industry and to equip them with the research skills necessary for doctoral study at Cambridge and other universities.
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science and AI. C2D3 is an Interdisciplinary Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Supports and connects the growing data science and AI research community
- Builds research capacity in data science and AI to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations