Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
C2D3 Early Career Researcher Seed Fund 2022 (x5 grants)
C2D3 will award 5x £2000 Seed Funding to Early Career Researchers. Applications are invited from University of Cambridge Early Career Researchers, with the aim of the grants to provide a step towards an independent research career.
Applications should focus on cross-disciplinary data science or AI. Preference will be given towards Cross-disciplinary activities that address one or more of the following:
- Foster external industry collaborations
- Involve an additional Strategic Research Initiative (SRI) or Interdisciplinary Research Centre (IRC)
- Increase engagement opportunities for underrepresented groups
Examples of cross-disciplinary projects that could be funded are:
- Building a network to pursue your next project
- Providing a short internship for a PhD student, with yourself as the mentor
- Collaboration with a short industry project
- Host a knowledge sharing event
- Host a skills-development workshop
- An activity that advances the strategic research aims or increases the awareness of an additional SRI/IRC
C2D3 can help provide administration support during your project, including venue hire, catering arrangements, hosting an event website etc. Please discuss with C2D3 should you have any queries.
The definition of ECRs for this call are postdoctoral researchers.
The Steering Committee for C2D3 will assess the applications and decide which five will be awarded the seed funding.
Recipients of the C2D3 ECR Seed Funding should acknowledge the following for their financial support in any outputs:
- Isaac Newton Trust
- Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery
Monday 27th June 2022, 5pm - Applications to be received by firstname.lastname@example.org (Application form provided below)
Monday 16th January 2023, 5pm - Projects must be completed and reported back to email@example.com (Report form provided below)
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science and AI. C2D3 is an Interdisciplinary Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Supports and connects the growing data science and AI research community
- Builds research capacity in data science and AI to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations