Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
Data Scientist - NIHR BioResource for Translational Research (Fixed Term)
Department of Haematology
Do you have great skills and experience organizing and managing data? Interested in a role which is contributing to changing lives for the better? Looking for your next challenge?
We are recruiting a Data Scientist who can take responsibility to organise and manage data and metadata assets of the NIHR BioResource project under the guidance of the Senior Data Scientist. To succeed in this role you will need to be experienced in the manipulation of big data, the analysis and integration of different meta-data types and the use of meta-data standards and vocabularies
About NIHR BioResource:
Our mission is to facilitate human health research and its transformation into medical practice. NIHR BioResource is a unique and powerful resource for studying disease mechanisms and for investigating the links between genes, the environment, health and disease, enabling scientific discoveries as well as facilitating translational medicine for the benefit of patients.
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science and AI. C2D3 is an Interdisciplinary Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Supports and connects the growing data science and AI research community
- Builds research capacity in data science and AI to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations