Warning messageCambridge-based members of C2D3 can log in to view more information about this opportunity.
Senior Teaching Associate in Data Science and Machine Learning (Fixed Term)
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3), Bioinformatics Training Facility within the School of Biological Sciences
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) in conjunction with the Bioinformatics Training Facility within the School of Biological Sciences is seeking to recruit a Senior Teaching Associate to lead the development and delivery of a portfolio of Data Science (predominantly machine learning) focussed training materials at the University of Cambridge.
The post holder will be based in the Bioinformatics Training Facility. Reporting to the Head of the Facility; the postholder will be involved in the day-to-day activities of the Bioinformatics Training team leading the development and delivery of training courses at the University. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering a programme of data science and machine learning training courses. This will be realised predominantly through the creation of training materials for the Bioinformatics Training Facility's portfolio of short courses, focussing on applications and advanced topics related to data science and machine learning in disciplines where formal data science training has historically been less available.
- Contribute to the organisation of training activities more generally within C2D3 and the bioinformatics training facility.
Through a combination of project work, material development and the delivery of day-to-day training and support, this role will ensure that C2D3 and the Bioinformatics Training Facility provide an environment where all students and research staff are able to access training and support services that enables them to fulfil their academic, research and personal development goals.
The successful candidate will hold a PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience. They should have an excellent understanding of data science, machine learning and their applications across multiple subject domains as well as appropriate knowledge of related data science topics. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills will be required in order to both liaise with other academic staff as well as deliver training to participants. Enthusiasm for providing high quality teaching resources is essential too.
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance.
We particularly welcome applications from women and /or candidates from a BME background for this vacancy as they are currently under-represented at this level in our University.
The Cambridge Centre for Data-Driven Discovery (C2D3) brings together researchers and expertise from across the academic departments and industry to drive research into the analysis, understanding and use of data science and AI. C2D3 is an Interdisciplinary Research Centre at the University of Cambridge.
- Supports and connects the growing data science and AI research community
- Builds research capacity in data science and AI to tackle complex issues
- Drives new research challenges through collaborative research projects
- Promotes and provides opportunities for knowledge transfer
- Identifies and provides training courses for students, academics, industry and the third sector
- Acts as a gateway for external organisations